Barbara Evelyn Marie was trying to enjoy a sip of her coconut water last month when she noticed that something was very off about the way the drink tasted. She also says she swallowed a strange clump.
The Goshen, New York, resident decided to cut open the container to see for herself what was going on, and she immediately regretted it once she saw what was inside. “I feel absolutely sick to my stomach even talking about it,” she told The Sun. “I know there is some type of animal in there.”
Whatever is happening here is anyone’s guess, but Marie thinks it might be the remains of a squid. “I immediately dumped out all the water. I shook it because I heard stuff bouncing around,” she said. “I opened it with a knife and that’s when I discovered the octopus-looking thing.”
After swallowing one of the stomach-churning clumps, she says she threw up for days afterwards and had diarrhea as well. She even went to the doctor.
There were no indications that anything was wrong with the drink beforehand. The expiration date read July 17, 2017.
She’s since gotten in touch with Vita Coco, the company that sells the drink, and has sent some of the clumps to them while also keeping a few to be independently tested.
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com